Monday, July 09, 2007

"less theme and just a design..."

So simple - yet so complicated! What makes a good design? are there ANY rules at all? are my pieces "designed" or just "sewn"?

I'm a maker, a sewer, a stitcher... whatever you name it! but, am I a "designer? hmm... to answer myself, I don't think anyone can call themselves a "designer"... I see so many amazing things on Etsy, and sometimes I see a piece that touches me in a special way. When that happens I just know that the creator IS a designer... to me.



I find that everyday, ordinary things, are my best inspiration. I keep loving those things even though I've seen it and used it so many times - I see it as the magic of a great "design".

I LOVE my mugs! they are huge, and I've been using it forever. They came from the dollar store and I hope they don't kill me slowly because of lead poisoning (lead = beautiful colors!). I always think to myself that it would make such a great picture subject. They are so beautiful!... don't you think so? :)


Speaking of great things, here's a snap shot of some quality time with my older boy. We were making chocolate balls together. It's very easy and lots of fun to make! :))

How to:
  1. In a large ball break biscuits/ cookies (Oreo style) broken into small pieces, you can add leftovers of chocolate or any other sponge cake, raisins, broken heath bar (it will make anything better!).
  2. Melt about 1/4 of a cup butter, add to the mixing bowl.
  3. The last thing is milk/liqueur/flavoring extract - add slowly as much as needed to make the mixture come together.
  4. For a yummy look, try to roll the balls in coconut flakes (I like the unsweetened), or candy sprinklers.
  5. For the final touch, serve them in a tiny (muffin) paper cups.
Enjoy!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Those mugs are beautiful! So is the chocolate! Hmmm, now I have to figure out how to make the chocolate balls dairy free as my kids are highly allergic!

ThreeGreenApples said...

Thanks :))... you might want to try soy milk or orange juice

Nabeel said...

i like the angle of the top cups .. hmm .. i dunno it just looks like their stance is jolly.